Sunday, August 14, 2011

Indepedence day special-Speech by our father-The father of our nation

Posted by Joy On 8:42 PM

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi's speech on the Occasion 
of "Quit India Movement".....





















"I am convinced that the time has come for the British and the Indians to be reconciled to complete separation from each other. Complete and immediate orderly withdrawal of the British from India [...] will at once put the Allied cause on a completely moral basis. [...] I ask every Briton to support me in my appeal to the British at this hour to retire from every Asiatic and African possession. ... I ask for a bloodless end of an unnatural domination and for a new era. Leave India to God and if that be too much, leave her to anarchy, necessity for withdrawal lies in its being immediate."
-Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi